veNFT Value Proposition
Problems with Vote-Escrowed Governance arrangements, our solutions
OpenXReserve NFTs will utilize deflationary vote-escrowed governance tokens and underlying staked LP tokens to reformulate the promising decentralized ve Governance structure.
- 1.Vote-escrowed (or "ve") arrangements lock value, making it illiquid and thus unable to facilitate asks and offers while opening it up to isolated liquidity attacks (e.g. CRV short-seller attack).
- 2.This value is diluted by persistent emissions with no vesting schedule to Liquidity Providers.
- 3.veNFTs solve for dilution but involve gas and time inefficient claims and rebases.
- 4.The vote-escrowed position itself has a value that is often difficult to hypothecate.
- 1.Make liquidity provision a condition of participation in governance.
- 2.Hardcap emissions with deflationary mechanics to eliminate unnecessarily dilutive expansion.
- 4.Make the entire position into a veNFT, opening up the escrowed value to secondary markets.